CALL FOR PAPERS
Special Issue of JOURNAL OF SYMBOLIC COMPUTATION
Mathematical and Computer Algebra Techniques in Cryptology
Guest Editors: Jean-Charles Faugère, Domingo Gomez, Jaime Gutierrez, Ludovic Perret
Following the third international Conference on Symbolic Computation
and Cryptography (SCC 2012) and the third Workshop on Mathematical
Cryptology (WMC 2012), held on July 2012 at CIEM (Castro Urdiales,
Spain), we are pleased to announce the call for papers for the Special
Issue of Journal of Symbolic Computation on "Mathematical and Computer
Algebra Techniques in Cryptology".
There is currently a growing interest in applying
and developing methods, techniques and tools of symbolic computation in
cryptography. For instance, the wide use of Groebner bases and lattices
techniques in cryptanalysis. More generally, mathematical
techniques have been always sources of innovative tools to
address open problems in cryptology.
This special issue of JSC welcomes contributions that discuss and
demonstrate the use of symbolic computations and mathematics in
cryptology. We would like to emphasize that all aspects of cryptology
can be addressed in this special issue: namely the design of new
cryptosystems (typically, based on algebraic problems) as well as
cryptanalysis of existing schemes.
This special issue is related to topics discussed in the context of the
WMC and SCC. However, the submission is open to all contributions
(and not necessarily related to talks presented at the conferences).
Specific topics for this special issue include, but are not limited to:
- Alternative to number-theory based cryptography
(multivariate cryptography, braid-group cryptography, non-commutative
cryptography, code-based cryptography, factorization-based
cryptography, group-based cryptography and lattice-based
- Algebraic attacks
- Pseudorandom sequences
- Design and analysis of algebraic, elliptic, and embedded cryptographic systems and protocols
- New techniques for solving algebraic systems over finite fields
- Algorithms, implementations and software for symbolic computation in cryptography
- Information security with mathematical emphasis
- Design, modeling, and analysis of cryptographic systems and protocols for which symbolic computation may be used or needed
- Primality and integer factorization
- Computational number theory in cryptology
- High Performance Computations for Crypto applications (solving huge linear systems, ...)
- Deadline for paper submission: November 30, 2012.
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: March 30 , 2013.
- Publication of special issue: July 30, 2013.
should be submitted electronically by e-mail
to the guest editors:
Jean-Charles Faugère, Jean-Charles DOT Faugere AT grobner DOT org
Domingo Gomez, domingo DOT gomez AT unican DOT es
Jaime Gutierrez, jaime DOT gutierrez AT unican DOT es
Ludovic Perret, ludovic DOT perret AT lip6. DOT fr
- The submission should contain:
The title and abstract of the paper in plain text. The name and e-mail
address of the corresponding author. A pdf or postscript file for the
paper as e-mail attachment
It is strongly recommended that the paper be prepared using guide for authors of the journal. You can find the details here.